Sunday 4 March 2018

L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Shine lipstick review






L'Oreal have finally released a new line of their Color Riche lipsticks- the L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Shine lipsticks. It has been years since they've brought out a moisturising, shiny lipstick; the last time they brought a line out was when they had the Rouge Caresse range around 2010/2011 which I loved, but sadly that line got discontinued about 5 or so years ago, so I feel like these are their replacement in a way. However are they actually the same lipsticks with the same formula but just repackaged? Well if you want to find out keep on reading!

The packaging of these lipsticks is very chic looking actually in a clear casing with the lipstick being held in a silver bullet tube. I like how you can see the exact colour you are getting inside the lipstick just from looking at the top of the clear lid- that is genius in my opinion! The lid snaps on and off like on the other Color Riche lipsticks, so the lid won't fall off while the lipstick is floating around in your handbag or makeup bag which is great.

Now onto the actual lipstick itself. I bought it in the shade 642 #MLBB which I'm guessing stands for my lips but better, which would describe this shade perfectly as it is a nude shade. In particular this is more of a peachy nude shade, which is not something that I would normally go for however it actually suits me which quite surprised me!



As you can guess from the name of the lipstick, the formulation of this lipstick is very moisturising and slippy but in a good way as it feels like it's nourishing your lips as you are wearing it. The only downside to that is that this lipstick doesn't last very long compared to the original Color Riche lipsticks or even the previous Rouge Caresse lipsticks, so they win on longevity compare to the Riche Shine lipsticks. Another thing to note on these lipsticks is that it does have a fragrance to it which you can sort of taste for a bit once you've applied it onto your lips- it's sort of a synthetic grapefruit scent (I think) but it's not unpleasant, just something worth noting if you are a bit sensitive to products with scents in them. Overall I really do like these lipsticks and I would love to buy a few more from the line. There's a really pretty coral one which reminded me of the Rouge Caresse lipstick in Dating Coral which was my favourite lipstick when I was 15/16 and it lasted me about 3 years even though I wore it a lot, so I'd love to get my hands on that one especially. Let me know if you have tried these lipsticks yet, I'd love to know what you think of them. I'll leave you with some more photos including a swatch of the shade to help you to decide whether you'd like to buy this particular shade or if not then maybe another one.







Thank you so much for reading my latest post

All the best 

Chantal x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I use to love the L'Oreal Rouge Caresse lipsticks and was sad when they discounted them. This sounds like a good replacement, its good thats its moisturizing but a shame it doesn't last long!


    <3
    perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they were great weren't they. My favourite shade used to be this coral shade in Dating Coral and I used to wear it loads but somehow the lipstick lasted for ages! But yes these are similar to those x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig