Sunday 18 March 2018

Charlotte Tilbury Instant Look In A Palette Smokey Eye Beauty




Back in December last year for some reason I was browsing the John Lewis website (most probably for new in beauty products) and I noticed that there was a new and limited edition Instant Look In A Palette in the shade Smokey Beauty by Charlotte Tilbury. At the time I wasn't sure this product was going to have a general release on the Charlotte Tilbury website however in the last week or two I noticed that the palette has indeed been released on her website so it now seems like the right time for me to review this palette and before I carry on with the review I'm just letting you know that I absolutely adore this palette and I'll tell you why now.

Charlotte Tilbury is one of my favourite beauty brands out there, it's definitely my favourite high end brand for sure! One of my top pics from the range are her Instant Look In A Palette face palettes. I have the Seductive Beauty and the Beauty Glow face palettes, so when I found out that they released a new one I was so excited I just had to buy it as an early Christmas present to myself. Surprisingly the Smokey Beauty palette is my most used and loved palette out of all of the Instant Look palettes and I think the reason for this is because this palette has all the colours you need to create either a neutral smokey look or even a neutral day time look. There are 3 eyeshadows, 2 blushers, a bronzer and a highlighter and they are all such gorgeous shades! The eyeshadows contain a champagne shimmer, a mid toned, matte brown and a matte black. The blushers are a light pink with a slightly deeper light pink which are both warm toned, the bronzer is very light toned, so it won't make you look orange at all and the highlighter is a pressed version of her Bar of Gold highlighter, so it's more of a buildable formula which I think it great actually as it means that you can put as much on as you'd like but yet it will still show on the skin. All of the powders blend so well into the skin and they all have great pigmentation to them, but my favourite has to be the black eyeshadow as it really comes off as a proper black shade and once you apply it the shadow won't move around unless you blend it, this means that it's brilliant both used as a shadow and an eyeliner. Also this black is such a great shadow to use on the lower water line as it stays in place for ages which most shadows struggle to do.

A closer look at the palette




I've swatched all the shades, first I'll show the eyeshadows, then the blushers, bronzer and the highlighter.



I hope you can see from the swatches that these colours are perfect for creating a neutral smokey look or a toned down day time look. This palette has been my most used palette since I got this and I really hope other people will find out just how great and versatile this palette is. Also of course due to its size it's perfect for travelling and it comes with quite a large mirror which is great too!

I really hope you liked my review of this palette. Let me know what your thoughts of it are and I'll see you in my next post!

All the best

Chantal x
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Thank you for every other informative web site. Where
    else may I am getting that kind of information written in such an ideal manner?

    I've a mission that I'm simply now operating on, and I have been at
    the look out for such info.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig