Wednesday 21 June 2017

The product you need in your life if you want to contour correctly










You know there are some beauty products that you can't help but wonder why you never bought them even though they have so much hype surrounding them and it's not until you've actually used the products in question that you realise why so many people have in fact praised a certain product. This is the catagory that the Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder was in and I'm here to tell you why it's the only contour product that you need in your life.

When I first started contouring I always used to wonder why it would take sooooo long to blend properly and even then it never looked quite right at the end of my makeup application. It wasn't only until recently (say the last 6 months) that I realised that I wasn't using the wrong type of product but I was using the wrong undertone of powder contour. If you want to create a shadow in a certain area of your face (contouring) then you need to use a grey undertone not a warm undertone like you do when you are bronzing up your face. This is the reason why so many people including myslef in the past got contouring so wrong because we were using products that people should use to bronze their face not to create shadow or definition with!

So when my realisation happened I knew that I had to do some research into exactly what contour powders were actually on the market- the answer was not many at all really, which is good in some ways as it gave me only a few choices to choose from but the disadvantage is that all the products were from high end brands. I then decided to go for the one that was most heavily reviewed/featured on YouTube and that was of course the Sculpting Powder. After watching many videos of beauty gurus talking about the product and using it in tutorials I knew that the shade Medium would be the best one for me as my skin tone is somewhere between light to medium and now I can happilly say that it is definitely the right shade for me. After having the product for a few weeks now I can safely say that it is one of the best beauty products that I've ever purchased as it gives you the perfect cool under tone contour shade, it's very highly pigmented so it will last you for ages even if in the packaging it doesn't look like it would and also it's a dream to blend so you won't see any harsh lines on your face once you've finished applying your makeup. I'll show you a few photos of me wearing it so you can see for yourself the type of shadow it creates on your face, which is basically what contouring should do.




In both of these photos I applied the contour powder under my cheekbones in the hollows of my cheeks and you can see from the photos that it definitely gives you more of a chisled and defined look to your face than if you were to wear nothing there. I promise you this product is definitely worth the hype and the price tag, so if you are in the market for a brilliant contour product then definitely buy the Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder, you will not be disappointed.

Thanks for reading

Chantal x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. the kevyn aucoin contour powder is perfect. one of my all time favourite products.
    ❤︎

    www.elenaisabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is isn't it! I can't believe I was so late to the party lol x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig